- The competition is open to all writers, whether from Northamptonshire or elsewhere, with an open theme.
- The entry fee is £6 for one story submitted, or £10 for two stories. Further entries will cost £5 each.
- Entries must be no longer than 2000 words in length. Stories with more than 2000 words (excluding the title) will be disqualified.
- Entrants are invited to submit as many stories as they wish, There is no entry form, but a separate sheet must be stapled to each manuscript submitted, giving your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and title of story.
- Entries are to remain anonymous when read by the judges. Please do not write your name on your manuscript.
- The title of the story should be written on the manuscript, at the top of the story.
- Entries should be typed and double spaced for preference and on one side of the paper only. Pages should be stapled or clipped together.
- By entering, entrants certify that the stories submitted for this competition are entirely their own original work, have not been previously published, and have not been prize-winning entries in any other competition.
- Whilst copyright remains with the entrant, the organisers reserve the right to publish part or all of any of the entries in connection with the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
First Prize £500 Second Prize £100 Third Prize £50
Prize for Best Northamptonshire Writer (if not the winner of any of the other prizes) £50
- All Northamptonshire entries should be marked as such at the top of the manuscript.
- The decision of the judges shall be final.
- The organisers reserves the right not to award any of the prizes.
- Members of Northampton Writers’ Group and their families are not entitled to enter the competition.
- The organisers will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of any manuscripts entered or displayed. Please make sure you make a copy before submitting your entry as manuscripts cannot be returned.
- Closing date for entries: Monday 5th December 2016.